We’re excited to announce that once again LEM Products, Inc. has been recognized with a Sustainable Business Recognition Award by SGIA in 2020. In order to be recognized, companies need to implement processes and procedures that aim to reduce our environmental footprint and make the workplace safer for employees. The award recipients were fittingly announced on April 22, 2020, which is Earth Day.
About the Program
SGIA created the Sustainable Business Recognition Award to highlight the efforts of its member companies to contribute to a sustainable future. The criteria for recognition are aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which consist of 17 goals and defined by 169 targets. These expand upon the original Three Pillars of Sustainability, which are People, Planet, and Profit. For SGIA, the three goals that they encourage their member companies to focus on the most are:
- 3 – Good Health and Well-Being
- 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth
- 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production
You can learn more about the program and its criteria here: https://www.sgia.org/programs/awards-competitions/sustainable-business-recognition
How LEM Products, Inc. Is Working Toward a Sustainable Future
This year, our company was recognized for its efforts toward three of the SDGs. Here are a few highlights from our submission criteria:
Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- We have had 0 lost time accidents, and had 1199 accident-free workdays as of 12/31/19
- To improve ergonomic comfort for employees, we purchased standing desks and cushioned floor mats.
- We offered free flu shots to all employees to help keep everyone healthy.
Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- We successfully completed and received ISO 9001:2015 stage 2 certification with DEKRA. This international certification body holds over 200 accreditations, including certification of quality management systems, health safety, and environment (HSE). This globally recognized certificate means that now we can provide even greater certainty and confidence to our customers without the need for them to perform their own individual audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- This past winter, our employees participated in “Cold Feet, Warm Socks,” which provides socks to people who are homeless in Philadelphia.
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Currently, our Internal Rejects as a percentage of revenue are at 0.1%. Additionally, Credits were reduced by 77% in 2019 compared to 2018, and rejects were reduced by 24%.
- We purchase our raw materials from sustainable suppliers such as Flexcon, Avery Dennison and 3M. These companies utilize environmentally-friendly materials and water-based adhesives.
- We are moving many of our production processes from analog to digital technologies. This reduces set-up times and set-up waste for quicker product turn-around, while also reducing down-times and increasing revenues.
Let’s Work Together
At LEM Products, Inc., we’re dedicated to solving your toughest challenges and providing you with high-quality, OSHA-compliant safety labels, facility safety signage, and more. Contact us today to learn how we can meet your safety labeling needs.