Fire Hydrant Rings
LEM Hydrant Rings provide important information to firefighters regarding the functionality and ownership of hydrants. Stock Hydrant Rings are UV and weather resistant plastic disks with pre-printed legends. All stock formats can be customized to display company logos, phone numbers and custom texts.
Reflective Option for Nighttime Visiblity
NFPA Color Coded
Standard and Custom Text
Two Standard Legends:
- Out of Service
- For Fire Department Use Only. Unauthorized Use is Theft. Violators will be Prosecuted.
“Out-of-Service” hydrant rings provide identification of fire hydrants determined to be out-of-service or requiring maintenance. Fire hydrant rings are also used to mark hydrants for insufficient water flow, potential for backflow into the water distribution system and unacceptably low pressure to area customers.
“Fire Department Only” hydrant rings warn of unauthorized use and potential penalty for theft.
Color Options for Pre-Printed Rings:
- Blue with White text
- Red with White text
- Yellow with Black text
- White with Black text
Hydrant Rings are easily applied in the field to the hydrant steamer valve or to the smaller side valves depending the hydrant type. The rings have various inner opening diameters to accommodate a range of valve sizes. Once the valve cap is replaced, the hydrant ring cannot be taken off until the next time the valve cap is removed. The rigid plastic used to make hydrant rings cannot be torn by hand making them tamper-proof. The through-body color cannot be scratched or worn away keeping the color coding permanent.
- Outside diameter of 10.5” with inside diameter of 7”
- Outside diameter of 10.5” with inside diameter of 5.75” (most popular size – fits 4.5” steamer nozzles)
- Outside diameter of 10.5” with inside diameter of 4.75”
- Outside diameter of 7.5” with inside diameter of 3.1”
LEM also produces NFPA Flow Rings which are color coded to comply with the National Fire Protection Agency’s standard ratings for water flow capacity.
- Blue – Class AA with a rated capacity of 1500 gpm or greater
- Green – Class A with a rated capacity of 1000-1499 gpm
- Orange – Class B with a rated capacity of 500-999 gpm
- Red – Class C with a rated capacity of less than 500 gpm.